Monday, March 22, 2010

What a weekend!

I wish the weekend wasn't over! It went so fast and so much happened. I'll just dive right in...the hubby finally found a car. He's literally been car shopping for months (and just kinda looking for years...3 to be exact) and FINALLY bit the bullet. It's a much longer story than just this, but I won't bore you with the details. All that matters is that his new car is adorable...I mean totally bad ass. I don't think men want adorable cars. Anyway, it's a huge relief and I'm glad it's over. Buying a car is one of the grossest experiences I can think of. Hate it.

Sunday I ran the Mercer Island Rotary Half Marathon. I shaved about 18 minutes off my time from November. Good, but not great, especially since I stopped the first time for what seemed like 20 minutes. So, I probably didn't run any faster, but my official time was much better :).

It was a hard run, even harder because my running partner had to drop out of the race due to an injury - so I did it all by myself! But, it was great to see a smiling husband at the finish line.

The rest of the day I ate and drank champagne. That's right. Celebration time. Oh, and built another 8x4 garden bed. I can't wait to get my garden going. It's going to be twice as big and I have lots of plans for planting. I'm going to get my herbs and some hardy greens in this weekend. A little early, but the hardy stuff can handle it.

That's all for now. I'll be in the studio this week too, so will hopefully have some new works to show soon too!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on running the marathon! Wish I could do something that full on. But I am so unfit it's not funny. Really.

    I have also passed on the 'circle of friends' blog award to you, if you wish to participate just check out my latest blog post. :)

    ReplyDelete