Monday, March 8, 2010

Crooked Trails Trunk Show

What a nice weekend! It's been awfully nice in Seattle and I've gotten so much yard work done just in the last 2 weeks. I'm so ready to plant my garden and just can't wait for spring and summer. Sit on the deck, grill, drink vodka tonics...oh, I cannot wait.

Besides my warm weather dreaming, I had a trunk show at a great customer and friend's house. 25% of the sales went to Crooked Trails. Crooked Trails is a non-profit community-based travel organization helping people broadening their understanding of the planet and it's diverse cultures through education, community development and responsible travel. Yes, I took that straight from their website... :). Check out the website though. I think it's hard to sum up all that they do with just that little blurb. It's a great organization and I especially love their focus on responsible travel. I feel so fortunate to have been included in such a great group. It was a great event.

Plus, it just made me feel good. For some reason, I never really knew how exactly I would want to go about donating (besides the obvious donating items for auction). But, I loved having a portion of the trunk show sales be donated. I got to meet the people, everyone was terribly enthusiastic and I just felt so much more a part of it and connected that just writing a check or mailing off a piece of jewelry. A great experience and I intend to do it again...and again :).

I also have just 13 days until my half marathon, so I had to get a 10 mile run in yesterday. It was hard, but I was still able to do yard work afterwards and I'm not too sore today, so I know I can at least be able to cross the finish line. I'll hopefully get in one more long run before the 21st. Can't wait!

I have a few pieces to share...even some that already sold, but I want to share anyway. And, off to finish some rings, cuff links and more!


This lovely herkimer diamond necklace is snatched up already...

And this gorgeous White Druzy necklace has also already found a home...

So had this Green Amethyst necklace...

No comments:

Post a Comment