Monday, November 30, 2009

13.1 miles...finished

Well, we did it! 13.1 miles yesterday. Everything went great - no need to walk, the knees held out, weather was fine - all in all, a great day. We ended up getting to the race pretty late. It's weird enough to drive somewhere just to run for 13 miles, but to get stuck in traffic for 45 minutes and watching people walk by while your stuck is even stranger. Well, we finally got to the start line and I tried to mosey my way over to the fancy port-a-potties, but no one would let me through! Needless to say, I had to start the race with a full bladder and after one mile, I stopped and waited in line for at least 20 minutes to use the potty. Horrible. I was so antsy! I just wanted to RUN! I watched the last of the last runners and walkers go by by the time my turn was up. It took me the rest of the run to catch up to anyone that was running my pace. I finished in 2:16, but next time I plan on beating 2hrs. Use the bathroom before the start is my new rule.

I'm pretty sore today, but happy :).

Have a happy Cyber Monday and don't forget to SHOP!

No comments:

Post a Comment