Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Vitamin D in Sedona


Hubby and I decided to take a quick weekend getaway to Sedona for some much needed Vitamin D before the Pacific Northwest winter really takes over. We got back last night and our trip was fantastic. The SUN was fantastic. Indescribably beautiful in Sedona. Pictures just don't suffice, but I will share some anyway :). Even though the airline lost our luggage for a full day (we were only there 2...) we had a great time. Our room at L'auberge was crazy! A little cottage with an outdoor shower and sunny deck. We got a great deal on the room since they are doing renovations, but we didn't even notice. For just being there a couple days, we did and saw it all!

Our absolute favorite thing was our trail run up Broken Arrow trail to Submarine Rock. I was a little worried about the altitude, but trail running is so fun and it was so gorgeous, I didn't even notice if I was tired or not. Of course I didn't have my camera with me since we were running, but I don't think I'll ever forget the views.

I have to say I am happy to be home. Normally, I want to stay wherever we vacation for...well, ever. I missed good food though!! Southwest cuisine is not my thing. Burgers everywhere! Fried this, fried that, green peppers and onions on everything. Every place we went had an identical menu. I finally found fresh halibut from Alaska the last night and was pretty happy. What a food snob I am. Now it's time to detox all the grease out of me...

Enjoy the photos!


No comments:

Post a Comment