Thursday, January 28, 2010

Success

For a very long time I thought that success meant money, a fancy title, and corporate pats on the back. When I was younger I thought when you "grew up" you got a job at a big company, worked 9-5 and never left. I simply didn't know another way. So, that's what I set off to do. I stifled any creativity I felt and majored in business at a large university...because that's what you are supposed to do, right? Fast forward to 2006... After just a few years in the corporate world, (while getting the money, fancy titles and pats on the back that I had fully expected to make me feel good) I realized that I certainly wasn't feeling successful. In fact, I felt unfulfilled, restless, unhappy... Once I really thought about what it would take for me to feel successful, I realized I had had it all wrong. What I actually consider success is having great relationships, living a lifestyle that you want to live, doing the things you love and are passionate about, and most of all living healthy and happy. While these things seem general and even trite, when you apply your specifics to them, it means the world. It turns out I'm not alone.

Tara, from Scoutie Girl and her personal blog, Tara Gentile, has been blogging about success along with some guest bloggers and it's been wonderful reading. Here's a link to all the blog posts.

I'm so thankful to all these lovely ladies for sharing. Perfect timing!

No comments:

Post a Comment