Thursday, April 8, 2010

New Branding off and running!

It's been a big day today already! I just sent files to get my new business cards printed. I should get them next week. They turned out so cute. I'm totally in love.

AND, I sent off my requirements and files for my website update! Phew! It feels great to have everything moving. My brain is still churning as far as how this new website structure is going to change things and how exactly I'm going to manage it. Exciting stuff though. The biggest change is that I will no longer have a shopping cart. My Etsy shop will be the retail engine. I think this is a great change - but also risky to rely on a different website for a shopping experience - but I get so many more eyeballs with Etsy and the inventory management really works for me.

My blog will also be on the new site - so I will eventually have to deal with getting YOU over to the new site. :) Hopefully an easy task! My current website is so static...I never update it and I never add new items - it's terribly neglected. I think this change is going to be so helpful in creating a more interactive and fun web experience for visitors. I'm awfully excited! Can't wait to show a mock up to you.

Eventually I will be working on a separate line for wholesale and get back to knocking on retail outlet doors. Not my favorite thing, but necessary. So, anyway, those are the crazy thoughts inside my head today. Sorry to be so wordy. I'll at least leave you with some new items that are up in my shop...

Aqua Chalcedony and Oxidized Sterling Necklace

5 comments:

  1. Your business cards look great! Can't wait to see the new changes to your site!...and I LOVE the Aqua Chalcedony Necklace...just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you and thank you! I can't wait either!! I must be patient... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your new work is lovely! The colour of those stones are so pretty. And your cards look great! I should think about getting some decent cards myself! Good luck with the Website!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your new business cards. I have been seriously considering new branding also. Also, love, love the peach moonstone. Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much! Rebranding is actually a whole lot of fun - I'm so excited about it! Love reading your blog...thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete