Sunday, November 15, 2009

Half marathon ready?

In 2 weeks I'll be running my first half marathon! Hubby and I signed up several months ago and now it's right around the corner. I'm a pretty regular runner and have been for quite a while. However, once it came time to start training a month or so ago I, of course, hurt myself. I never really figured out what is wrong, but I think I just have "runners' knee". After running downhill I get this crazy pain in my knee - like its going to buckle underneath me - and I just have to stop running. Insanely frustrating. So, I haven't really been talking about the marathon since I wasn't even sure if I would be able to run it. For the last few weeks I've been running only on the treadmill and on flat courses trying to heal my knee. But...today was SUCCESS! It was the first 10 mile run I've done in months and although I'm a bit sore, I didn't have to stop and my fears of not being able to finish the half marathon are just about gone. It felt great! It was pouring rain (just like it probably will be in a couple weeks) and pretty fricking cold.

I got some new gear from Lululemon the other day to prepare for running in the rain and since I agreed to do some product testing for them - I got this fantastic jacket for free! What?! That kind of stuff never, ever, ever happens to me. I am so excited.


I love it. It's super comfy, keeps me totally dry and is just warm enough. And, I have to say, its way cuter in person.

Anyway, wish me luck with my further training and knee health :)

1 comment: