Sunday, January 31, 2010

Yay for Sweet Customers!

Oh, do I love hearing from customers! I love when they gush over their new baubles. IT. NEVER. GETS. OLD. Even though an online sale can seem a bit impersonal, Etsy has created this community where feedback is so welcomed and so easily shared. I love it! I wanted to share some words from a recent customer who I don't even know, but if I met her, I would hug her, for sure. She was such a doll.

Throughout the whole process of this surprise custom item I made for someone special, she would have the sweetest things to say. Things like, "Its sellers like you that make Etsy so very special" and that the person she gave the gift to "absolutely loved it!!!! WOOOO HOOO!!" and that it was their "most fav. birthday gift." Just that simple gesture of letting me know how much someone enjoys something that I've made is one of the best things a customer can do for an independent designer. And when she ended her email with: "Im so pleased and wanted you to hear the ending of the story. Thanks again for your collaboration." ...aahhh! So sweet! She wanted me to hear the end of the story and by doing that...she made my day. It's pretty easy to do.

So, here's to sweet customers! Your gratitude makes us artists beam :). Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment